Paper return for UK property CGT reporting available for download – economia

Stay up-to-date with the latest business and accountancy news: Sign up for daily news alerts

Published: 28 Feb 2023 Update History
Taxpayers who have sold a UK residential property at a gain must submit a CGT PPD return within 60 days of completion. Non-UK resident individuals must submit a CGT PPD return whether the property is sold at a gain or a loss. The one exception is when it is possible to file a self assessment return within 60 days of completion. 
Most taxpayers must submit a CGT PPD return through HMRC’s online service. However, some people are unable to submit online; they can instead submit a paper return. This includes digitally excluded taxpayers and those with circumstances listed in HMRC’s Capital Gains Manual.  
The paper return for the 2022/23 tax year is now available for download, along with notes to help fill in the form. A CGT PPD account reference is still needed for the paper return, to allow correct allocation to the taxpayer’s HMRC account. Taxpayers may need to take steps to obtain this reference before filling in the return. 
ICAEW is pleased that HMRC has made the form available for download, following ICAEW’s call for greater access to the CGT PPD return. 
Find more Tax Faculty information on disposing of UK residential property: 
ICAEW’s Tax Faculty is recognised internationally as a leading authority and source of expertise on taxation. The faculty is the voice of tax for ICAEW, responsible for all submissions to the tax authorities. Join the Faculty for expert guidance and support enabling you to provide the best advice on tax to your clients or business.
ICAEW’s Tax Faculty provides technical guidance and practical support on tax practice and policy. You can sign up to the Tax Faculty’s free enewsletter (TAXwire) which provides weekly updates on developments in tax.
Stay up to date with the latest developments in tax by signing up to the Tax Faculty’s weekly e-newsletter
Comprehensive support for Tax practitioners each month from the Tax Faculty and expert contributors.
Expert advice from the Tax Faculty’s technical managers on all the developments in tax policy and practice.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, incorporated by Royal Charter RC000246 with registered office at Chartered Accountants’ Hall, Moorgate Place, London EC2R 6EA
Read out this code to the operator.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *